The last few weeks, the tourguiding students presented their own themed walks of Melbourne. These included:
- Lanes and Arcades
- Gothic architecture & transportation
- The Yarra river and the bridges & ghost tours of Melbourne
- Arts in Melbourne & St Kilda
- The Royal Botanical Gardens
- Chinatown & theatres of Melbourne
- High Tea traditions & iconic buildings of Melbourne
- CBD & Docklands artworks
- Sustainability of St Kilda & Carlton Gardens
The students had to research 3 attractions in depth, write a tourplan and deliver the information in a 30-40 time frame. Their tour management skills and presentation skills were evaluated as was the content. It was amazing to see the transformation within 6 months… Very pleased with the outcome!
Tourguiding students are either Cert III students (some going on to do their Diploma) or diploma students taking this unit as an elective. Looking forward to the new term!